If you want to root your Oneplus phone here you will learn how you can Root OnePlus Nord using Magisk. If you don’t know about Magisk and why TWRP? OnePlus Nord was launched recently, and no TWRP or flashable Magisk zip is available for now. But there is another method to root OnePlus Nord.
Magisk is very easy to use, and you can easily root your one plus phone with this tool. Magisk is an app like SuperSU, allows you to root your Android phone without any issue or damage.
Magisk is safe and compatible with Google’s SafetyNet. So the benefits are, you can root your Android phone without any problem with device security or app installation.
You can root, and Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus Nord and Root OnePlus Nord using Magisk.
Here is the process.
How to Root OnePlus Nord
Steps to Root OnePlus Nord with Magisk: must do all these steps before start process
- First Disable all security Locks
- Take Backup of your OnePlus nord
- Use a computer or laptop
- Charge phone battery above 50%
- Use orginal USB Cable
Disclaimer: Rooting is a complex process if you never do this before, so you have to follow each step carefully to avoid your phone. We are not responsible for any loss and damage to your phone do steps carefully at your own risk.
Method 1: Enable OEM Unlocking
the first step is to enable USB debugging for the root process.
To enable it, go to Settings
About phone and click on built number 5-7 times.
This will enable the developer option on your phone.
Now go back to settings
> Developer options
> enable “OEM Unlocking” and “USB debugging”.
Method 2: Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord
Follow these steps:
1. Connect your phone with a PC using a USB cable.
2. Open platform tool folder > type cmd in address bar > enter.
3. In command prompt windows, type this command and press enter.
This command will show of list all connected devices.
4. follow this command to reboot the bootloader and press enter.
adb reboot bootloader
5. Now use this command to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus Nord.
fastboot flashing unlock
6. Select the Volume buttons to move the selector to “UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER” + press the power button to confirm. When you confirm this, your bootloader will be unlocked.
This command will remove all your data.
Method 3: Root your OnePlus Nord
Now root OnePlus nord. We have unlocked the bootloader and enabled USB debugging. Now We have to use the Magisk app.
Install Magisk App on to Root OnePlus Nord
1. First download Magisk App on your phone.
2. Extract the downloaded stock boot file then copy boot.img file from the extracted folder then transfers it to the internal storage of your phone.
3. Install the Magisk apk on your phone. Then open the app and then click on install.
4. Then click on select and patch a file and find the boot.img.
5. Wait till it is working. It will patch the boot image.
You can find the patched file can be found in the Downloads folder. Here you have to rename magisk_patched.img to boot.img again.
6. Copy renamed boot.img to your pc.
7. Replace the phone’s current boot image with Magisk’s patched image.
8. Now go to the cmd window again and use these commands to boot your OnePlus Nord in fast boot mode.
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot reboot
These commands will flash that boot.img and reboot your phone.
Now check the root status of your phone in the Magisk app. Check if your phone is now rooted or not.
Root OnePlus Nord successfully.
If you face any issue during this process or any other issue on your devices please comments here we will try to fix it.
is there any risk in the rooting process
yes your device may be dead if you miss any step of doing any wrong command
warranty after root oneplus nord
warranty will be void after root the device must conform with customer care