Apple hasn’t yet offered an easy method to restore deleted messages from your iPhone however, you can make backups using iCloud.
You can make use of an iCloud backup that was recently made for your iPhone to recover deleted text messages
Retrieving deleted text messages from an iPhone is possible with various methods. We all receive a lot of texts on a regular basis that doesn’t have any value. To deal with this, many people select several texts on the iPhone and then delete them in one go. This process can take important messages off as well as get rid of spam and junk. There are instances when you erase an important text message and discover no easy way to restore it back onto your iPhone.
Apple is made it possible for an iPhone to use the iCloud integration to backup texts messages, as well as other content. However, retrieving text messages using an iCloud backup will require some prior understanding. It is not an option that is independent of Apple’s iPhone maker to recover deleted messages in one step.
How can you retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone with an ICloud backup
Here are the steps you can use to restore deleted messages from your iPhone by using an iCloud backup. Before starting the process, it’s crucial to mention that you must have messages activated as a component of your iCloud backups in order to recover your messages to the cloud.
- Click on the Settings after which click to open your Apple ID profile at the top.
- Open iCloud , Manage Storage, Backups. Then, select the backup taken before the date you deleted your text messages you wish to retrieve.
- Scroll down until you find the backup for Messages. Make sure that it’s shown with information.
- You must now restart your iPhone. This will delete all contents and data that are that are stored. This means that you can only do this if there are the backup file, which contains deleted messages.
- If you’re confident that you’re certain, head for Settings and General, then Transfer/Reset the iPhone erase all content and Settings.
- The iPhone will then restart and will take a while to come back. It will then ask you if you wish to recover from an existing backup. Choose the appropriate backup from the list.
If you do not want to delete all your data and information from your iPhone however, you want to restore the messages that you have stored on iCloud You can access the messages by logging in to iCloud.com. Here are the steps on how to do it.
How to retrieve text messages from iPhone with iCloud.com
- Log into iCloud.com using an Apple ID and password.
- Click on Text messages and then look for the messages you’d like to restore. This Text Messages option will be accessible only if you’ve activated backups of your text messages.
- In the future, you will be required to disable messages backups by visiting the settings for iCloud after entering the Settings followed by the Apple ID profile. The list will appear of data that is being stored to iCloud. Tap the Messages icon on the left to switch off backups of text messages.
- Then you will be asked to download your text messages locally to your iPhone. Choose to disable and download messages on the next pop-up. It will download all messages on your phone — including those that you’ve deleted from your phone.
It’s worth noting that this option is only available in the event that you’re iPhone isn’t backed up to iCloud in the last few days. If not, you won’t capable of accessing deleted messages since they won’t be accessible via iCloud.com or in the future, they’ll be replaced with new messages you receive on your iPhone.
For those who don’t utilize iCloud, Apple allows backups through iTunes or Finder according to the operating system that you are using on your computer. It is necessary to physically connect your iPhone to the internet in this case. Also, just as it does with the iCloud backup method erases any data and content that is already there to allow you to restore backups from earlier versions.